Wednesday 2 December 2009

2/12

Mobaasher won and hit a high of 1.5 in running. Good choice of Notts county above Huddersfield yesterday with an easy 4 goal victory
This blog is coming to an end this year in its current form. I'd like to keep this free as I have done for over a year, day in and day out, but my publisher has been very taken by the one- a-day methodology and insists I get paid for all the time I have put into it daily. Who am I to argue? If you fancy joining my one a day service, which will mirror this blog, then go to http://canonburypublishing.com/placeback/ and register your interest.
I'll go into greater detail about how you can maximise profits from one a day, the best staking plans and much more.

This blog will continue for free until the service is launched properly, so I hope I can eek out a week or 2 more on this blog.

On to today.

1245 FAIRYHOUSE
BETTING FORECAST: 4/11 Dunguib, 9/2 Some Present, 5/1 Sweeps Hill, 25/1 Alice Bradys Call, 50/1 Takestan, 66/1 Deise Dan.

Heavy ground at Fairyhouse should hold no fears or the machine that is Dunguib. A star in the making for the Cheltenham Festival in March. Looks a 3 horse race here with 2 places. Another ultra short price, but he has demolished the fields.1.38 to win and 1.11 to place

145 CATTERICK
BETTING FORECAST: 6/4 Stormy Weather, 15/8 Kudu Country, 8/1 Worth A King´S, 14/1 King´s Counsel, Veronicas Boy, 16/1 Dark Oasis, Orsippus, 25/1 Night Knight, Toledo Gold, Venture Capitalist, 50/1 Aven Mac, Cornish Castle, Royal Premium, 100/1 Haulage Lady.

DIOMED VERDICT: STORMY WEATHER and Kudu Country are two nice prospects and should dominate.
Money for Worth a Kings into 3/1 in a race where 3 only are under 16/1 1.59 for Worth a Kings to place

215 CATTERICK
BETTING FORECAST: 10/11 Alegralil, 9/4 Canadian Blaze, 15/2 Last Of The Bunch, 12/1 Shayaza, 14/1 Karingreason, 18/1 Irish Symphony, 25/1 Diavoleria, 28/1 Falcon´s Gunner, 33/1 Stand Clear, 40/1 Middleham Meg, 50/1 Home She Goes, 100/1 Rosie Larkin,

DIOMED VERDICT: Canadian Blaze is respected, but ALEGRALIL has looked classy winning two bumpers and a novice hurdle and can maintain her unbeaten record.

Alegralil you'll remember from a few days ago who was very impressive. Priced again to be competitive and only 3 horses under 16/1 should be the ones to concentrate on. 1.11 to place

720 KEMPTON
BETTING FORECAST: 10/11 Light Sleeper, 7/2 Lord Fidelio, 7/1 Lord Of The Dance, 8/1 Sydneysider, 14/1 Nativity, 16/1 Charlie Smirke, 33/1 Lady Trish, 50/1 Kina Jazz, Sir Tom, Wicklewood.

DIOMED VERDICT: LIGHT SLEEPER can come out on top in what looks a typical late-season maiden.

Richard Hughes on the fav and I like the jockey 1.17 to place in an illiquid market

FOOTBALL
6pm Bate Borisov v Benfica - I would look towards goals here with Benfica if they can recapture the free scoring early part of the season 1.33 over 1.5 goals
Man City v Arsenal - 1.28 over 1.5 goals will give us a run for our money given the leaky nature of City's defense and the strong attacking capabilities of both sides
Blackburn v Chelsea 1.49 - Carling Cup again so team news important -Chelsea won 5-0 recently but that was aainst a swine flu hit Blackburn side 1.49 could be a nice big price this evening - Chelsea certainly have strength in depth so a weakened side is not necessarily a weak side!!
Xerez v Barcelona - 1.25 away side - Xerez could be a tough nut to crack for Barca this evening and I suspect it may take a little while for the inevitable breakthrough. Confidence high for Barca after a great 10 man 1-0 win over Real Madrid with Ibra imperious again. Very definite one a day material here

SHORTLIST
1245 FAIRYHOUSE - Dunguib is one to follow as I mentioned some 2 races ago - 1.11 for 2 places in a 6 runner race where 3 are 50/1 or bigger so it's ,really, 3 horses and 2 places here. A clear round should suffice.
215 CATTERICK - Alegralil - I have the feeling with this horse that I had with Natural Action on 30th November when he hacked up. Alegralil is a horse my mind is telling me will run a big race - again 1.11 to place gives little away
Backing Chelsea should give us a good run for our money and 1.49 is certainly tempting and tradeable for me if Chelsea score the first goal.
Barcelona should eventually get the breakthrough against a Xerez side who tend to keep things tight and then eventually succumb.

ONE A DAY
Barcelona at 1.25 is too good to miss today for me and they should eventually score - 0-0 is at odds of 22 and I personally would back Match Odds at 1.25 and cover my stake with a 0-0 bet at 22 For £100 stake on Barcelona to win , I would back 0-0 at odds of 22 for £5 so if it remains 0-0 then at least I win my stake back.
For some reason I can see a tight game here ( cue a 9-0 mauling).
From a horse racing perspective, surely Dunguib, with a clear round, should place in the first 2 in a 6 runner race where 3 are over 50/1. Effectively now, 3 horses and 2 places

No comments: