Saturday 29 March 2008

30/3

I did warn you about the claiming hurdle producing a surprise and in hindsight on a busy Saturday I could have been a bit more choosy. BRave prospector was highly disappointing. THe early 7/2 for Kandidate didn't last long as he was knocked into 9/4 and won well.
Multi tasker was unplaced but it was very interesting to see one £500 bet on the horse at the Sportinglife website - some kind of a run was expected that's for sure!
Dutch at NAd al sheeba broke even.CREACHADOIR unplaced as was Jalil in a race where Curlin was magnificent.
A poor day on the gee gees but footy was much better. For the adventurous few who went with Bolton I hope you used Betfair as 2-0 up against 10 men allowed for superb trading out DESPITE THE FINAL SCORE. This is the massive advantage of trading.
Elsewhere overs in MAn Utd, West Brom, wins for St Mirren half time/full time, lay of City came off, lay of West Ham came off, lay of the draw in Old firm and correct score 1-0 at a decent price despite the dutch
A few losers with HAmburg, the arse half time/full time bet and unders in the Derby match. Adebeyour didn't start so I didn't put him up in the to score market.

Again taken in by too many bets on a Saturday hence my words in the conclusion about being choosy.

I hope you saw yesterday why I don't like betting in soft ground as was the case, through the day, at a number of venues - ill discipline yesterday.

CURRAGH - HEAVY
Flat season kicks off with a debutant maiden in heavy ground in Ireland - I'll get me coat!
A layer's race if ever there was one!
The first crop of Aiden O'Brien horses show themselves this season in the 2nd race with Georgebernardshaw but at 3\1 in heavy ground in a 25 runner maiden he does not rate as a back bet today and may be too big for a lay bet. Despite the fact it's Aiden O'Brien, I would veer towards laying given the race type and field size and ground conditions

Aiden O'B rien has 2 in the 355 with the fav Savethissance for me under number one jockey Jonny Murtagh and Ice Queen at 25/1 under Jamie Heffernan. I will chance Ice Queen at projected 25/1 each way given the heavy ground and the trainer.

ANother runner, Poet , is provisional favourite in the last race of the day where the heavy ground will have got worse.

So it's just Ice queen at 25/1 for me today in the hope heavy ground will produce a shock. I'm not expecting a return though so stakes will be kept to a minimum

HEXHAM - heavy

I must learn from yesterday and my insistance on betting in soft ground and really dismiss Hexham from a backer's perspective
A day for concerted laying of the short priced favourites here in heavy ground, with preference for the extendeddistances and monitoring in running

Soft ground at the other venues leaves me with no real bets at all today save the one speculative one on Ice Queen at the Curragh

3 int0 1

425 Hexham - Hush tiger
230 Kempton - Leading attraction

You've already read my thoughts regarding ground conditions but this mechanical system doesn't account for them

TOP WEIGHTS

Far too busy yesterday to have included them but will note them for the record today
240 HEXHAM - Nicky Tam



FOOTY
Chelsea v Boro the standout today and again CHelsea do not lose at home (as was seen in the Arsenal game last week even when they went a goal down). At 15, Boro are unlayable and at 1.3 Chelsea are not backable so what way in?
I might have a bit of fun with a mug punter scorecast on Drogba 1-0 at 23, Drogba 2-0 at 23, Drogba 2-1 at 36. Highly speculative indeed.

THe over 2.5 goals could have been contemplated but I have a worry this mught be a 2-0 1-1 or 1-0 tight game. As I've said before Boro are like Liverpool were as betting propositions - ie unreliable and difficult to read.

Draw/Chelsea at 4.8 appeals although I find it difficult to get an angle in

Similar with Liverpool v Everton. General bias toward the home side?

Barcelona cocked up yesterday after being 2-0 up BUT can Real take advantage against Sevilla at home tonight. 8/11 tells you it'll be very difficult. This should be an over 2.5 goal game (to trade as usual) with 2 attack minded teams. A neutral bet is perhaps the best one with results fluctuating in the head to heads.

Today I will pretty much write off as a betting day I think - all the football opportunities came in one burst yesterday and if there's no real betting opportunities then we can be selective and have a rest. Similarly with heavy and soft ground prevailing in all races it's a case of leave alone ( as I should have done yesterday) bar Ice QUeen at 25/1 incase heavy ground messes with the market leaders.



























































































































No comments: