Saturday 11 August 2007

DAY 1

Day one of the footie season and some interesting bets. I have already forked out my £just under £4 stake on the Simplex system, and will monitor as the weeks progress. Laying to Win will kick in once the season is established and there are some stats to work it.

LAYING
From a laying perspective today, I must take on Sunderland at home to Spurs. they have not met a team of the Spuds forward calibre yet and I think the bookies have severely overestimated the Keane factor. Predominantly a championship team, Sunderland could struggle today and are a good trading lay for me.
Elsewhere, I can see Liverpool being tough to beat this season, and against a none too impressive Villa side, should at least get a draw. I will be laying Villa at home.
Man Utd take on a Reading side minus ginger genius Sidwell, and will give the top teams a run for their money. I will chance an under 2.5 goals trade here as I think, even at Old traffor, Reading will be difficult to break down early doors. This under 2.5 goals is a trade perhaps for the first 20 minutes. Alternatively laying Man Utd at 1/4 will not cost too much of the bank and if Reading can keep them quiet, punters on betfair will become frustrated and push the price up allowing us to trade out of our bets.
Birmingham will struggle against Chelsea tomorrow and if i can get a bet on Chelsea to win to nil, then I'll take it. I can't see Birmingham scoring to be honest with you.

I'll keep my powder dry elsewhere football wise until the unpredictabilities of day 1 wear off.

HORSES
The 110 Ascot sees a standout animal in Coasting. The price gap is there, he's clear in the ratings and rates a decent bet for me ( more cautiously place only but at what odds?) - it is a 2 year old nursery after all, but if the price gap is accurate, favourite backers should start the day off in style.
The 220 I will avoid the market leaders and plump each way for Lipocco and Invincible force - they are placed in that pocket suggesting a place is likely .
The 620 Ayr sees another likely HTB contender in Raccoon ,dropped into claiming company who really should put these to bet. I am reminded though that it is a claimer and thereofre not a race where mortgage sized bets are advised. Yet another cracking place bet I think
The 720 and I'll opt for 4th and 5th bettin forecast favourites in Rainbow Fox and Milsons Point - it just has a profile about it that this may not concern the immediate market leaders
200 HAydock - a 5 fulrong handicap and a chance is taken on a couple of double figure prices in Judd street and hoh hoh hoh each way. 5/1 the field indicates a tough one to call
710 Lingfield and Caprichio and Greenwood each way - positioned just before the outsiders in the betting forecast, this is fiercely competitive and biiger odds could suffice?
250 NEwmarket - 8 runner field - I'll chance Start of light each way against the 2 potential market movers
430 NMKT - Miss Emma May and Frivolous Each way are just before the possible outsiders in the betting forecast in a tricky maiden fillies event. The live market, as ever, will speak in these races
515 Redcar - with BA BAracas in the saddle, Jibajaba looks like he fits into the HTB profile and is another to consdier for a straight win only bet.
Small field, 2 outsiders, decent price gap - the words "hard to get away from""very much the one to beat if handling conditions" - I don't like that last negative though -the "if" Again a cracking place only bet.

LAYS
Horses who are favs in the biggest field of the day have traditionally done well for layers, I'll make a note of the qualifier today and see if this continues.
450 HAydock - Franchoek - 17 runner field
710 lingfield - the fifth member - 18runners
810 lingfield - endless summer - 18 runners
430 Newmarket - Fifty - 19 runners

Fify is strictly the one bet for the day - let's see how the others get on - it's simple enough as a system
Also, laying the betting forecast in the 1st race of the day should statistically bring out a profit over the long term thans to the favs rule, but it is Coasting so let's see how it goes

No comments: